My partner here at Kid Lit Universe, Joyce Shor Johnson, and her co-author Cindy Best, had a book published this weekend! Congratulations on the release of Meet Me Where I’m At, a book that helps special needs children understand how they are wired and offers them ways to communicate without having to express themselves verbally or face-to-face. (To see all the details on this book, visit the Meet Me Where I’m At Blast Off page.)
To any author, a book release is a BIG DEAL. So how do friends help celebrate and support the authors? Here’s what I came up with:
- Celebrate! I participated in the Meet Me Where I’m At launch party on Facebook, not only by visiting the page, but by posting a question and comment.
- Buy the book. I plan to do this when I attend a signing at a bookstore. You can order it directly from the publisher, Future Horizons, or on Amazon.
- Gift the book. Books are wonderful for birthdays and holidays.
- Leave a review. By leaving a thoughtful, honest review, you’ll help the get the book discovered. You can review on bookseller’s websites and on GoodReads.
- Spread the love on social media. If the author is having an event, share the details. If you have a blog, a post could help that book get discovered.
- Attend an event. The more people in the audience, the better!
- Recommend the book to your library. Let your librarian know about the book so it can be ordered for other readers to enjoy.
I’d love to hear any additional ideas you might have so please leave your suggestions in the comment section.